Dr. Mark Rutland, President of Southeastern University is teaching my Effective Leadership Course. He introduced us to the work of Phillip Crosby, a renowned expert on Quality Control who gave this key definition of quality:
Consider the implications if that is true:
- There is no objective standard for quality anywhere.
- If quality is meeting expectations, then all quality is “local quality.”
- You cannot exceed quality in one direction and expect that to make up for not having quality in another.
- Too often you have people operating on two different standards of expectations.
- The greater responsibility for internal quality is on the leader.